Being in love encompasses all kinds of emotions. One big part of being in love is being able to accept our partner for all of their flaws. There’s a reason they say that love is a rollercoaster — it can bring you to the highest of highs and lowest of lows.
One of the best parts about being in love is the fact that you can feel free to be 100% yourself with your partner. You can act silly and foolish without having to worry about your partner judging you. Being able to laugh and joke around with the person you love is extremely healthy for a relationship, and couples who can laugh and love at the same time are the ones who can withstand all sorts of trials and tribulations.
Here are 16 hilarious situations that can really only happen to people who are lucky in love, and if you’re in a long-term relationship (or have been in the past), you’ll totally be able to relate to them.
1. You know you’re in love when you can channel your inner child with your partner.
2. That’s definitely one way to express how you feel about your partner. But it’s the thought that counts, right?
3. You know your partner loves you when they slip you a note under the bathroom door while you’re doing your business.
4. This boyfriend may have just received the award for boyfriend of the year. That is unless his girlfriend is on a diet. Then he’s in for some trouble.
5. As life passes us by, sometimes it gets harder and harder to avoid packing on the pounds. That’s why you should find yourself a partner who loves you no matter what, even if you’re a little bit overweight.
6. If my boyfriend left this note out for me and didn’t kill the spider before leaving to work, he’d be in some major trouble.
7. When it’s the day of a big interview, new job or another task you may be nervous about, getting an encouraging note like this from your partner can make all the difference.
8. True love is when your partner incorporates your favorite food into a cute Valentine’s Day card and manages to be funny about it too.
9. This is totally the type of thing my boyfriend would leave in the fridge. I would also totally leave a cheeky response for him to see.
10. Find yourself a love that is as strong and indestructible as a Nokia phone. You’ll be set for life.
11. When you’re stuck eating leftovers for two days straight, sometimes all you need is a little reminder from your lover to help you get through your meal.
12. This actually made me “aww” out loud. Losing weight is hard enough, and having encouragement like this from your loved one during the process can make a world of difference.
13. A teacher found this note on the floor of her 8th-grade classroom. This kid totally has his priorities straight. Fried chicken above all, right?
14. Okay, this has got to be the cutest love note I’ve ever seen. Not only is the image adorable, but you have got to give it to this person for making amazing use of a pun.
15. The effort some partners go through to put a smile on their loved one’s face is absolutely adorable. Imagine coming home from work and seeing this love note your partner left for you. It’s small things like these that really define true love.
16. When your partner pulls this kind of prank on you while doing some bathroom repairs, you better have your own prank prepared to get him or her back!