The island nation in the Pacific Ocean with dense cities and imperial palaces has a unique culture. With nearly 127 million people in 2015, Japan’s population enjoys the highest life expectancy and the third lowest infant mortality in the world. If you are the lover of skyscrapers and busy streets, it might just be the place for you. But, be warned, there is something a bit peculiar about this country. Actually, a lot of peculiar stuff, to be honest. And it’s a normal part of the way these people live.
Here are 28 ingenious ways to show Japanese culture and their interesting rituals:
1. Sumo wrestlers are supposed to make babies cry during a competition
2. Mannequins are so cool in Japan!
3. There are actual superheroes helping mothers who struggle with their baby’s strollers
4. This is Japanese Halloween, and it’s totally unique!
5. These capsule hotels will ask $50 for a night
6. Love hotels that you can rent hourly
7. Robot dinosaurs receptionists are pretty normal in Japan
8. Drunk salarymen just getting tired of everything
9. You can also see deer in the city center
10. There are public foot spas for dogs!
11. These kinds of spa treatments
12. The moisturizing slug spa
13. Pillows for lonely businessmen
14. Cicadas hairstyles
Can you actually believe this exists?
15. Kit Kat has never had such a variety
16. The Kit Kat crushed pizza with marshmallows!
17. A square watermelon
18. KFC Christmas dinner
19. KFC chicken nuggets looking all sexy
20. A lot of vending machines. Everywhere!
21. This is what you can find in them
22. These types of beer also
23. Bananas, too.
24. The sophisticated toilets
25. SO many rabbits!
26. And this crazy creature
27. The crazy game shows
28. A TV star chased by a Komodo dragon